Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the WCET (WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies) community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and content to that best suited to WCET's purposes and this platform. This is a great medium to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact WCET at email@example.com. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
You can opt out of participating with wcetMIX communities at any time by unsubscribing.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. WCET reserves the right to remove posts that heavily promote a certain product.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all members of the community to see, and comments may be subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use. If you did not create the content, properly attribute it to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it. We highly encourage posting items that can be reused.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send personal comments to the entire community. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the community. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of WCET. WCET is not responsible for and does not endorse the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by WCET or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall WCET be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
WCET does not have control of content, accuracy, or copyrights to sites that are linked outside of the WCET 'resources.' We do not endorse, recommend, or authenticate the accuracy of information at linked sites. The links are provided as an information resource to WCET members and users of the website. Individuals must evaluate linked sites for usefulness or purpose. Links to sites that are broken, offensive, misrepresentations, or otherwise deemed unfit by the member should be reported to WCET staff.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants WCET and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
WCET does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of all postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of WCET we will take all appropriate action.
WCET reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information collected in the WCET communities or on the WCET website including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Sponsors for WCET events receive information about those attending the events. As part of the event registration process, attendees are provided the opportunity to decline having their names or contact information shared with sponsors.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.